The Borough of Naugatuck Fire Department (NFD) responds to fires, motor vehicle accidents, chemical and oil spills, rescue calls and weather-related emergencies. The NFD also assists other towns and agencies as requested.
The NFD started as a private fire department with the India Rubber Glove Company (later U.S. Rubber and then Uniroyal.) In 1883, the town fire department was organized. The first full-time fire fighter was hired in 1916.
Members of NFD maintain proficiency by attending training both in-service and at the Connecticut Fire Academy, and are trained in a variety of skills in addition to fire fighting. Some of these skills include confined space rescue, rope rescue, hazardous materials and emergency medical.
The Fire Marshal's office reviews all plans for subdivision and commercial developement to ensure that the requirements for fire safety are met. The Fire Marshal's Office is also responsible for the enforcement of the State of Connecticut Life Safety code, investigation of fire safety complaints, fire investigation and fire prevention programs.
Group tours of the fire headquarters can be arranged by calling the Fire Department's administrative office
at 203-720-7080 or 203-720-7081.
Naugatuck Fire Department office hours
are Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:00 pm
41 Maple Street, Naugatuck, CT 06770
- Fire Chief/: Ken Hanks, (203) 720-7081, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Fire Chief: Ellen Murray (203) 720-7085, email@example.com
- Second Assistant Chief: Paul Russell, (203) 720-7082, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Fire Marshall: Robert Weaver, (203) 720-7080, email@example.com
- Fire Inspector: William Scanlon, (203) 720-7080, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Kelli Sargeant, (203) 720-7082, email@example.com